School to Work Pre-Apprentice- Production Associate-Henderson, CO (Architecture)
Cummins Sales and Service is the largest Independent Diesel Engine Manufacturer in the World with products in all markets, some of which include RAM Trucks, On-Highway Trucking, Industrial, Marine, Agriculture, Logging, and Power Generators. We are currently looking for Pre-Apprentice Production Associate from High School or Community College Automotive or Diesel Programs, other Skilled Trade Classes and members of Future Farmers of America (FFA) to participate in the Cummins School to Work opportunity.
Students can join the School to Work program at 16 years of age and work in the shop with a qualified Cummins Production Associate in a real-world environment.
The Student Pre-Apprentice will be mentored by Journey-worker technician on the shop floor with the opportunity to become a Qualified Production Associate with an opportunity to join the TAP. The Cummins TAP includes a fulltime job with graduated pay scale, NO college debt and Graduate with an Associate's degree in Diesel Technology with several career paths including Natural Gas Engines, Diesel Engines, Electrified Vehicles, Power Generation, Marine, High Horsepower Service
Leadership and other opportunities.
Through the US Department of Labor standards, High School or Community College Students can work up to 19 hours per
week during the school year and there will be no restrictions for hours worked during the summer months, this standard applies to all 50 States.
Pre-Apprentice responsibilities include: Operates machines and production equipment in accordance with quality and productivity requirements safely in a manufacturing environment with direct guidance.
• Following the guidance of a Journey worker Technician mentor
• Tool identification, functions and inspections for proper repairs and safety adherence
• Complete assigned Cummins Virtual College courses
• Ensure shop, work area and tool cleanliness
• Complete safety training courses and JSA Process
• Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues/incidents to their supervisor
• Welding on misc. mild steel from 14GA plate – 2” plate and 4” tube – 15” C Channel
• Processes includes GMAW .035 and FCAW .045
• Use of hand tools Drills, Impact, grinders ETC.
• Use of Oxy Acetylene torches
• Use of plasma cutters
• Use of band saw
• Tech will use the GMAW or FCAW process to weld the steel structures of the enclosures, all other items such as wall panels or doors will be done with GMAW.
• Some welding may require a certification to complete.
• Working at heights on scissor lifts and ladders with the use of fall protection.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
• Must be a minimum of 16 years old
• Have access to reliable transportation
• Meet minimum established standard of 95% school attendance
• Maintain a minimum 2.5 Unweighted High School Grade Point Average for sponsored education
• Those interested in the Cummins TAP will require a minimum 2.8 Unweighted HS GPA upon graduation and take the SHL Mechanical/Spatial Aptitude Assessment prior to graduation
• Mechanical experience through high school Automotive or Diesel shop classes, other skilled trade classes or members of Future Farmers of America (FFA)
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly Compensation Range: $17.69 to $21.00
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy
is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national
origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other
status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS),
with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your
rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.