Sr Design Engineer (Marketing)
• Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Why work for us
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Meritor, we live by the Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
The primary responsibility is to design, develop, test and support production release of axle, brake and suspension products for the heavy-duty commercial aftermarket. This person will interface with engineers, customers, and suppliers daily. Must have a good working relationship with test labs, production manufacturing facilities, and several internal engineering groups (truck axles, brakes, vehicle dynamics, analytical mechanics, experimental mechanics, materials, etc.).
• Perform engineering analysis necessary for the design intent, application and testing of components and systems. This may include the use of CAE tools such as PTC Creo and Creo Simulate.
• Interface with all aspects of engineering to meet customer requirements with a focus on project timing, product design and test plans.
• Work with designers to release detailed drawing packages.
• Work with Product Managers and Supplier Development groups to support Tech reviews and Pre-Awards for new product releases.
• Establish good working relationships with team members, outside suppliers, customers, and various internal groups.
• Identify, verify, and implement solutions to warranty or quality problems that affect product performance.
• BS in Engineering related field (BSME preferred) with 4-5 years of direct, related experience required
• Minimum of 4 years' experience with Heavy Duty Commercial or Agricultural Vehicles required
• Design experience with structural components like forgings, castings, or weldments required
• Experience with CAE tools such as PTC Creo and Creo Simulate, and/or Windchill experience preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of vehicle dynamics is preferred
• EV experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills of all types
• Well versed with all MS Windows software
This position is eligible for Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Meritor, we run together. You belong here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.